NITCAA USA Mentoring Program (NITCAMP)
AN INITIATIVE BY THE NITCAA USA CHAPTER CO-SPONSORED BY NITC OFFICE OF ALUMNI AFFAIRS AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
Professional empowerment of NITC students, enabling them to achieve successful careers.
Develop a student-driven platform for NITC students to interact with NITC alumni world-wide, and utilize the platform to provide mentoring and guidance in the areas of students’ interest.
NITCAA USA Mentoring Program (NITCAMP) is a platform through which NITC students can interact with NITC alumni in the US, to receive guidance regarding career development, higher studies, and other technical/professional needs of students. Some highlights about NITCAMP are:
- The NITCAA mentoring program shall be mentee-driven. To elaborate, the mentee is expected to determine his/her development needs by himself/herself or with the mentor’s support. The mentee is expected to seek inputs from the mentor to meet those needs. The mentor is expected to provide guidance to the mentee accordingly.
- Each mentee would interact with one mentor. If required, the mentor may facilitate in connecting the mentee with an expert in the mentee’s area of interest. Mentors may choose to guide more than one mentee each, if they are willing to do so. Priority needs to be given to providing effective mentoring, and not to maximize the number of mentees.
- In addition to one-to-one mentoring, platforms such as email groups/WhatsApp groups will be developed to provide a forum for discussing questions/answers as a group. This will help address general questions on common topics such as studying in the U. S.
- The program framework will ensure that mentee-mentor matching is effective by pairing a mentee with an appropriate mentor. The mentee will be able to choose a preferred mentor. The program will ensure transparency in the mentee-mentor matching process, and will be overseen by the NITCAA USA mentoring team as well as NITC faculty.
- Every mentee-mentor pair will be finalized only upon the mutual agreement of the mentee and the mentor. In the event, one or both the two parties express discontent, the pair will be deemed invalid and a fresh pairing process will be carried out.
- The roll out of the program shall take place by the first week of August every year.
For more details, please refer to the material provided in the temporary website (under construction): NITCAMP